Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Trailer work is progressing...

Here is an update on the work I've been doing (slowly) on the trailer. I cut off the ball hitch that had been welded onto the drawbars. Luckily the drawbars were basically undamaged and I was careful cutting the welds so I didn't damage them. Here is the drawbar assembly and casting after the extra metal was removed:

As you can see, the top of the casting that holds the lunette was cut off. Fortunately I was able to find a replacement casting which has a lunette still intact. Here are the drawbars after cleaning up the leftover welds:

And finally, a mock-up of the original casting assembly!