Monday, December 31, 2012

Combat wheels ready for sandblasting

The combat wheels are now ready to go to the sandblaster! Now I just have to find one...

The final task (which I finished today) was to pound out the bolts, which were rusted in quite solidly. I put a nut on the bolts before going to work in an effort to save the bolts. A few of them required 20+ violent hits with the hammer to get out. They all came out, but here is the nut that I used on all of the bolts (on the right) after getting them all out. Compare with the "normal" one on the left!


  1. I bought a 43 MB yesterday, my first ever vehicle restoration project. Your blog is going to be key in my progress, thanks for your work!

    1. Awesome! If you ever have any questions, feel free to message/email me! I'd love to see pictures...maybe you would consider a blog also. Good luck!