Saturday, June 15, 2013

Let the painting...end!

Another full day of prep-ing, painting and cleaning up! Today was the last time I will have to undertake the painting of major parts of the jeep. I painted the rest of the tub, the grill, fenders, hood, engine, transfer case, and many smaller parts. I think it turned out well, and can't wait to put all the pieces together. Here are a few pictures of the process:

Let the madness begin!


I command thee to be OD 33070!


All done!


Close up of the engine:







2 comments:

  1. How many coats if primer and coats of paint?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to say...the tub was very hard to paint (even harder than the frame) as it has so many angles to hit and limited room/angles to hit them from. For both primer and OD paint, I just kept painting until it was all coated. That said, everything got at least 2 if not 3 coats, and some areas probably got 5 or 6 or even more if I had to keep trying to coat a difficult spot. Hardest areas to hit were the inside back panel, inside corners, inside of the tool boxes, and inside the fuel tank sump. A few weeks prior to this painting, I had painted the underside of the tub, cowl and under the dash while the tub was standing up on end. That made things a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete