Friday, April 5, 2013

Original Fuel Tank and Disc Brake Rotors

Started cleaning up the original fuel tank today, mainly just knocking off the dirt that has been caked on there for who knows how long. It was looking pretty good until I cleaned up the rear facing section where I found this:


Rust out section is about 6 inches long. A guy up in Salt Lake says he can repair it, no problem. We'll see how that goes.

Today I also got the disc brake rotors! They looked kinda rough at first, but cleaned up easily enough after about 20 minutes with a wire wheel on an angle grinder.


These are for a 1990's Geo Tracker or Suzuki Sidekick, but I think they really designed them with WWII jeep disc brake conversions in mind. ;) Check out the fit on the hub with absolutely no milling or modifications (rotor isn't fully seated in pictures, wheel studs will stick out another inch when rotor is pushed all the way back):




1 comment:

  1. Lance...that is cool that you are putting the rotors in. I've heard about hat conversion, but never have seen pictures! I can't wit to see it completed.

    ReplyDelete