Friday, June 28, 2013
The jeep is really starting to take shape now and my parts boxes are getting smaller! I don't have anything really monumental to show, but wanted to post an update of progress so far. Most engine accessories are mounted, just some more electrical to do and fuel lines. Glass is on order and will be here next week. Body still needs a final fitting with the fenders and grill but should only need to be bumped around 1/4 inch or less here and there. It's hard not to want to just put in the key and take it for a drive!
Monday, June 24, 2013
I picked up my rebuilt transmission on Saturday, so we promptly put it on the engine along with the transfer case and set the assembly down in the frame. Dad has been here and we've been working on installing a lot of other small components on the tub and doing some wiring. Here are some shots of the engine installation and the jeep with the power plant in place with some before/after pics. Tub placement on the chassis coming very soon!
Monday, June 17, 2013
Just wanted to post a couple pictures of the tub out in the sunlight. I was a bit nervous to roll the tub out in the sun as the lighting in the garage isn't the best and can hide unpainted spots. Nothing can hide out in the sun. I was very happy to see that the tub looked great in the sun and I only had to touch up a few small areas with the spray can.
Yes, I can see that red spot in the fuel tank sump... :)
Saturday, June 15, 2013
Another full day of prep-ing, painting and cleaning up! Today was the last time I will have to undertake the painting of major parts of the jeep. I painted the rest of the tub, the grill, fenders, hood, engine, transfer case, and many smaller parts. I think it turned out well, and can't wait to put all the pieces together. Here are a few pictures of the process:
Let the madness begin!
I command thee to be OD 33070!
Close up of the engine:
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
I finished installing the disc brakes about a week or so ago, but didn't post anything about them. Had some custom hoses made, filled the system up with brake fluid and they seem to work well (at least rolling the chassis down the driveway). Final word will come later. Here is the front wheel set-up:
And the rear wheel:
Other than that, I am just wanting to get my transmission back from being rebuilt. Once I get that, I plan to bolt it back on the engine along with the transfer case, paint and then install. Once they are installed, I can put the tub on! Can't wait for that! Until that time, I'm cleaning up and repainting other small parts so they are ready to go once the engine is in place. Here is the oil-bath air cleaner that I cleaned and repainted recently: